Tips for Avoiding Back Pain
Today more and more people spend long hours sitting at work. This causes problems with the musculoskeletal system, and back pain is the result. Here are some tips for avoiding this fate!
Any person who remains in one position for a long time is likely to experience pain related to their posture. Staying in one position overburdens the body. The impact of this pressure is varied, but can be quite dramatic. From simple back pain to herniated discs, the worst cases of back pain may even require surgery.
Instructions for Back Pain
For those who would like to have chronic back pain, we have put together a little guide. Here's how to ensure a sore back:
- Sit in the same old position for as long as possible. Remember: the worst posture is always the current one. So hold this position. After a while you notice how your muscles start to shorten and grow stiff. Your spine will feel heavily overloaded.
- Sit with an un-ergonomic posture. Make sure to slouch (cervical spine hyperextended) and slump in your chair.
- Do not move, ever. Take as little breaks as possible while working and do not stretch.
If you follow these rules, you'll be guaranteed pain in no time. Is that something you want? Of course not. If you want to prevent problems, then do the exact opposite of what we just listed. Here are your instructions:
Choose the right furniture
The right or wrong office furniture makes a huge difference. An ergonomic chair is best, and works even better if it is set to your size. Sit erect with your spine to the back of the chair and the knees at a 90-degree angle, the feet placed on the floor and the shoulders loose.
Exercise helps. Always.
Whether at work or at play: move as often as possible. This keeps the muscles and cardiovascular system stimulated and healthy. To keep yourself pain free at work, make sure you make time for sports, but don't forget to move around on the job too. Here are some tips for that:
Stretch and stand up on a regular basis
- Get your drinks in a small glass instead of a pitcher. This forces you to get up more often to refill your glass.
-Do you need something from a colleague? Go visit them instead of calling.
-Take the stairs instead of the lift.
If you have real problems sitting upright, your abdominal and back muscles could be too weak. Strengthen the targeted muscles in this case, to support better posture.
Where is your computer screen?
Space on desks is often a rare commodity. Nevertheless, the computer screen should always be at the center of the desk, so that you can easily look straight at it. Laterally standing screens are bad.
Also remember, no floppy wrists when using the mouse and keyboard. Use special supports or pads to support your wrists.
If you often make calls while working, it is best to use a headset. Jamming mobile phones onto your shoulder or craning your neck with a corded phone can lead to tension.
- Select the juices you like most
- Pure and natural
- For your well-being
Dispatch in 1 week4.3 (4)-6%
- Fresh from the field to the bottle
- Rich in anthocyanins
- Made with 720 grams of black organic carrots
In stock5.0 (1)
- Made from freshly gathered organic fruits
- With 7 herbs
- For well-being
In stock3.0 (1)
- Suitable for cleaning the nasal passages
- For normal nasal mucosa
In stock4.9 (7)
VitalAbo UK shopping highlights
Free Delivery to United Kingdom from £40.00
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology