Slept Badly? Here's a Few Tips for a Good Night's Sleep
More and more people are sleeping worse and worse. Insomnia is a very commonly occurring problem, which is becoming a cause for concern. Although it can be inconvenient to make sure you get enough sleep, sleep is essential for the body. Our bodies regenerate while sleeping, replenishing our energy. Bad sleep or too little sleep leads to a weakened immune system as well as a loss of physical and mental performance.
Are Sleeping Pills a Solution?
Many people resort to sleeping pills as a quick fix for trouble sleeping. However, it is easy to become dependent on sleeping pills. This means that sleeping pills should be your last resort. There are many other tips you can try first!
Be Careful of Distractions
A messy bedroom, a distracting smartphone, a blaring TV or a tempting laptop can often be distractions for us, stealing our sleep. Eating a heavy dinner, having a window overlooking the street or having a poorly soundproofed home also often keep us from sleeping well. Try to take steps to avoid these sleep traps!
What to Do to Counteract these Issues
The technology we are surrounded by often leads to distraction. Consciously choose to eliminate your use of technology before bed in order to sleep better. Here are a few more tips:
- Eat only a light meal before sleeping. Your last meal should be three hours before going to bed.
- Clean up or organise your bedroom for a more peaceful rest.
- Ventilate your bedroom regularly. Better air and a cooler temperature make for better rest.
- Make sure your room is nice and dark - try blackout curtains for a darker environment.
- Try to eliminate sources of noise. If this proves to be impossible, consider wearing earplugs.
- Exercise regularly. Endurance sports not only reduce stress they also help you sleep better. Do not exercise just before you go to bed.
- Reduce blue light broadcasted from screens. It confuses our brains, making them think we're still seeing daylight.
- Herbal blends and fragrances can also help us drift off. Valerian, lemon balm or various teas often help.
- Reduce stress. Read a relaxing book or practice relaxing exercises before bed.
- Structure also helps. Establish bedtime rituals to help train your body to unwind and become sleepy.
- Do not consume caffeine after lunch. This often disturbs our sleep cycles.
- Avoid alcohol. Although it might help you feel sleepy, your body has a harder time staying asleep when you drink.
- 60 capsules
- Pure EPA omega-3 made from 70% wild anchovy fish oil
- Omega-6 GLA made from cold-pressed organic evening primrose oil
- With vitamin E
In stock4.4 (52)
- In a glass container
- Stimulating & scented
In stock4.9 (13)
- 10 ml, 30 ml
£62.14 - £167.74
- Organic quality
- Contains the complete phytochemical spectrum
- Free of additives
In stock4.7 (31)Special offer
VitalAbo UK Shopping Highlights
Free Delivery to United Kingdom from £42.90
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology